Every Monday: Sponsored by the Cobscook Institute. Join in virtually - play your instrument, sing, or enjoy listening.
Lubec is an adventure waiting to happen!
Vacation in the easternmost town in the U.S.A. and explore Washington County's 97 miles of shoreline by land or sea.
Discover the ease with which you can plan and spend your next vacation away from the stress of madding crowds, where the sun first rises on U.S.A. shores and a heartfelt welcome awaits you! Lubec is where being yourself and enjoying life comes naturally. Come experience Lubec and the way life should be!
What Lubec offers:
- Year-round attractions
- Rural / coastal setting
- Tranquility and solitude
- Rugged, natural beauty
- Unique, unaffected character, community and culture
- Activities, services and amenities to welcome and satisfy business people, vacationing singles, couples and families.
What Lubec doesn't offer:
(So get your fill of these en route!)
- Movie theaters
- Shopping malls
- Theme parks
- Fast food restaurants
- Heavy traffic
- Stop lights
Support APPLE (The Association to Promote and Protect the Lubec Environment) when you shop at AmazonSmile.com.
Current Lubec Time
Sunset: 17:23(approx. times)
Lubec things to note
- Plan early! - It's never too early to reserve your stay in Lubec!
- DownEast Magazine - on the new "Cobscook Shores" parks in Lubec.
- Bangor Daily News Article - "Wind, fog and whispers of its past continue to shape Lubec"
- Summerkeys - Plans on re-opening in 2022 - Check their website for updates!
- Maine Lighthouse Keepers Remembered for Services and Sacrifices - Writes the BDN
- 2021 DownEast Acadia Visitor Guides - Now available!
Every other Thursday: Sponsored by the Cobscook Institute. For new and/or seasoned writers!
Nov 1 - Dec 13: Join us for seven weeks of pottery classes with instructor Michelle Cousineau. Mondays 6 - 8 PM
Nov 4 - Dec 30: Join us for seven weeks of pottery classes with instructor Michelle Cousineau. Thursdays, 2 - 4 PM
Nov 12 - 14: A wonderful place for starting your holiday shopping! So many beautiful and out-of-the-ordinary gifts.
Nov 13: Come support our playground and local crafters! Also a Bake Sale and Raffle !
Starts Dec 4th, Every 1st & 3rd Saturday: The 1st & 3rd Saturday of each winter month ! Please help support our local farmers, bakers, artists, rug weavers, crafters, and more!
TBD: Open for the season!
Jun 13: We're expecting a joyous season devoted to the love and study of music!
TBD: Two Countries...One Marathon; Half-Marathon; 10K; Fun Run & 52K Ultramarathon